We are constantly reminded that we live in a different world these days, and the challenges facing our children are daunting: bullying, obesity, technology, in addition to more longstanding problems like poverty and racial/ethnic discrimination. Fortunately, we also live in an age of unprecedented research and clinical support for the potential of mindfulness and compassion to support all of us in meeting the challenges we face in the 21st century. The Bridging Conference has a history of bringing together leaders in the field and this year those experts will focus on sharing what is being done already and where there is promise and possibility for the future. We invite you to join us and learn together as we build this community of dedicated and talented professionals, parents and kids.
Educators, healthcare providers, psychotherapists, researchers and administrators of programs providing care and education to youth. Participants will:
- LEARN MINDFULNESS SKILLS, practices and programs that you share with youth in nearly any setting
- HEAR FROM EXPERTS already bringing mindfulness to youth in schools, clinics, neighborhoods and hospitals
- CONNECT WITH LIKE-MINDED EDUCATORS, clinicians and researchers to build resources and networks of support
- GET UP TO SPEED ON THE LATEST RESEARCH FINDINGS and projects, and find out how you can contribute
- EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS around how you might bring mindfulness to bear on the challenges of your community or population
- ENJOY ALL THE BENEFITS That San Diego has to offer in mid-winter!
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Engage in a variety of mindfulness-based programs for children and adolescents through experiential techniques and dissemination of information for participants to use in their work with youth.
- Develop skills to utilize a variety of adapted mindfulness-based interventions for youth.
- Discuss current information regarding mindfulness and brain science through research and practice.
- Review current research as it is related to societal trends regarding the state of our youth today and explore how mindfulness can play a crucial role in positively impacting these trends.
- Obtain direct, personal experience of mindfulness practice and learn how it applies to both professional and personal practice.