This retreat training is for those already teaching or interested in teaching mindfulness-based programs (MBP) such as Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy, Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention Therapy and Mindful Self Compassion. In addition, it is open to individuals who would like to further develop their mindfulness meditation practice. A familiarity with mindfulness meditation is expected.
An important aspect of teaching MBP is the requirement to have a personal mindfulness practice. This 5-day retreat training will consist of sustained periods of silence, (vital for deepening a personal practice and fundamental to teaching), afternoon sessions of engaged inquiry into exploring the attitudinal foundations of mindfulness, additional meditation practices to foster and strengthen kindness and compassion, and evening talks. Throughout the week there will be scheduled group and individual meetings with the teachers.
Learning Outcomes and Objectives
At the completion of this retreat, the participants should be able to:
- To support and strengthen the practice of mindfulness
- To reflect on and discuss the importance of embodying the attitudinal foundations of mindfulness and how they inform the practice and teaching of MBPs
- To strengthen mindful speech and mindful listening as they relate to the process of inquiry
- To cultivate loving-kindness and self-compassion as foundational components of practice and teaching
- The Neuroscience of Mindfulness-Based Meditation - March 11, 2019
- Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention at Camp Burton - January 21, 2019
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy at EarthRise Retreat Center - August 31, 2018
- Mindful Self-Compassion Teacher Training at Elohee Center in Georgia - August 20, 2018
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy Teacher Training in Italy - July 25, 2018
- Deepening the Practice of Mindfulness through 5-Day Mindfulness Retreat - May 15, 2018
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Teacher Training Intensive in Portugal - February 15, 2018