A film for parents and educators combining comic book animation, documentary footage, and classroom materials.
“Planting Seeds” The Power of Mindfulness, the film’s working title, is based on the book, Planting Seeds: Practicing Mindfulness with Children, by Thich Nhat Hanh and the Plum Village Community
and draws from Plum Village’s thirty years of mindfulness and compassion work with children, parents and educators. The film offers tried-and-true meaningful, fun, and engaging activities that kids can do in any setting and either self-guided or led by an adult. Key practices
presented include mindful breathing, mindful walking, inviting the bell, pebble meditation, the Two Promises or ethical guidelines for children, eating meditation, and dealing with conflict and strong emotions.
“Planting Seeds” will be shot this July in Plum Village, France, during the month-long Summer Retreat, in which thousands of families from all over the world learn how mindfulness can enrich and heal people of all ages. Throughout the month, parents, teachers, childrens, monks, nuns, and Thich Nhat Hanh let us into their experience and share their stories and practice of mindfulness. The result is that this feature documentary and animated film gives everyone an embodied experience of peace and wellbeing and effective tools for creating peaceful, happy lives long after the film is over.
- “Making Friends With Yourself” Self-Compassion for Teens Teacher Training - February 15, 2018
- What Does It Mean To .b? - May 28, 2013
- Mending and Deepening the Encounter Between Doctor and Patient Through Mindfulness - January 21, 2013
- Can self-compassion improve through mindfulness? - October 16, 2012
- Planting Seeds: The Power of Mindfulness - June 17, 2012
- Jon and Myla Kabat-Zinn to Present at 2013 Mindfulness & Youth Conference in San Diego - June 7, 2012
- Mindfulness as a Fundamental Form of Literacy, Gems from an Interview with Rick Hanson - January 17, 2012
- UCSD Offers Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workshop for Nurses - November 18, 2011
- Teaching Doctors to be Mindful - October 27, 2011
- Teaching and Practicing Flex-Ability: Wondering Questions about Eating Behaviors - August 22, 2011