Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is an empirically-supported 8-week psycho-educational group intervention that teaches mindfulness meditation as a health intervention. Created by Jon Kabat-Zinn in 1979, MBSR offers participants the possibility to develop a different relationship to stress resulting from chronic physical and psychological illnesses. Research outcomes have demonstrated positive improvements in physical and psychological symptoms, as well as changes in health attitudes and behaviors. This 6-day teacher training intensive will provide health care professionals and educators the opportunity to study and experience the foundational underpinnings, mindfulness meditations and specific exercises that are the framework of the MBSR program. The themes, rationales, intention and practice skills of each MBSR class session will be reviewed, discussed and practiced. Participant screening guidelines will be covered, and samples of client handouts will be provided. There will also be time set aside for personal mindfulness practice.
This 6-day teacher training intensive is highly interactive. In the first part of the training, trainees will experience the MBSR program. In the second half of the training, trainees will be given the opportunity to practice teaching various components of the MBSR program under the supervision and guidance of the teachers. Inherent in this teacher training is the necessity of a personal mindfulness practice as a platform from which to teach. The delivery of MBSR requires the teacher to teach from a personal integration of what it means to embody a non-judgmental present moment focus with an understanding of how this supports and strengthens such mind states as kindness, compassion and equanimity. This training will provide the opportunity to strengthen these teacher competences.
- Online MBCT: Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy Teacher Training - September 18, 2020
- Online ATTI: Growing Into the Heart of Teaching MBSR-Dharma, Embodiment and the Refinement of Intention - March 12, 2020
- Coming Home to our Hearts-Mindfulness Silent Retreat - November 27, 2019
- MBCT ATTI: Advanced Teacher Training Intensive for MBCT Teachers - September 30, 2019
- ATTI: Growing Into the Heart of Teaching MBSR-Dharma, Embodiment and the Refinement of Intention - July 24, 2019
- MBSR TTI: Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Teacher Training Intensive - June 7, 2019
- A 3-Part Series: The Neuroscience of Mindfulness-Based Meditation: An Integration of Science and Practice - March 11, 2019
- Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention at Camp Burton - January 21, 2019
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy at EarthRise Retreat Center - August 31, 2018
- Mindful Self-Compassion Teacher Training at Elohee Center in Georgia - August 20, 2018